Applications are being received for the fourth ecumenical cohort of ECCSR pastors to experience Contemplative Renewal at Holy Wisdom Monastery.
Each year, 18 pastors are invited to participate in an experience of deep listening to God, themselves and each other. Pastors report life-changing experiences of connection and deep renewal, such as the comment below:
“Spending time in safe and vulnerable community with others who have had similar experiences in the unique vocation of pastoral ministry has been such a fruitful experience – the hours of prayer together with the sisters, the time being held in sacred conversation and listening, the space for renewing the soul feeding practices of our tradition. Sacred listening and stillness of soul – the intentional quieting of my mind so that I am able to listen – are all practices I will take with me.”
Participation in the cohort involves:
- A one-year commitment to the Contemplative Renewal experience.
- Serving a congregation within a 4-5 hour drive of the monastery.
- Attendance at three residential retreats at Holy Wisdom Monastery:
• Summer 2023 – Opening Retreat – July 10-17, 2023
• Winter 2024 – January 18-24, 2024
• Summer 2024 – Closing Retreat – June 17-20, 2024
- Attending additional offerings of day-long, in-person and online gatherings and ongoing Lectio Divina groups and Centering Prayer.
Additional program requirements:
Participants will be invited through an application process. This is open to those who:
- Currently serve as an ordained pastor of a Christian congregation.
- Hold a Master of Divinity or equivalent graduate degree from an accredited Seminary or Pastoral Ministry Program.
- Have approximately 3-15 years of experience in ministry since graduation and ordination.
- Are able to participate in the full scope of the year-long program – both the onsite and ongoing community.
- Can assess their experience of spiritual renewal over the course of the year.
Applications will be received from October 15 – December 31, 2022. Please share this information with pastors who might be interested.