A 7-day living experience at Holy Wisdom Monastery for single women
- July 18 – 24, 2022 (women ages 18-35)
- Aug. 15-21, 2022 (women ages 30-45)
You are invited to spend a week this summer with the sisters at Holy Wisdom Monastery for Summer Stewards, a contemplative approach to caring for the earth.
- Ground yourself in contemplative spirituality
- Work on the land – in the prairie, savanna and garden
- Experience authentic community and the rhythm of monastic life
- Share your story with other women
- Learn about prairie and savanna restoration and try your hand at some projects
- Grow and harvest vegetables from the monastery gardens and help prepare some meals
- Enjoy recreation and leisure time
- Find beauty and peace
Scholarships are available.
Applications are closed for 2022.
Are you looking for a meaningful summer experience that connects your faith with care for the earth? Be a Summer Steward at Holy Wisdom Monastery for 7 days this summer. The program includes prairie and oak savanna restoration, vegetable gardening, reading and discussion around eco-spirituality and the Rule of Benedict, practicing contemplative prayer, and sharing your life story with others – all this while living in community on the monastery grounds. We are an ecumenical community and encourage single women 18-45 of any denomination to apply.Share flyer
I’m interested! What now?
- Contact us with questions
- Sister Denise West
- Text & phone: 608-235-0764
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org