A 7 day living experience at Holy Wisdom Monastery
for single women ages 18-35
July 19 – 25, 2021
$150 registration fee, includes room and meals
- Application deadline: July 5, 2021
- Once your application is submitted, we will review the application and let you know if you are approved to register
- Limited to 7 participants
- We will send you a registration form once your application is approved
- Registration deadline: July 11, 2021
- There is a 50% refund if you cancel by June 15, but no refund if you cancel after June 15, 2021
Are you looking for a meaningful summer experience that connects your faith with care for the earth? Be a Summer Steward at Holy Wisdom Monastery for 7 days in July. The program includes prairie and oak savanna restoration, vegetable gardening, reading and discussion around eco-spirituality and the Rule of Benedict, practicing contemplative prayer, and sharing your life story with others – all this while living in community on the monastery grounds. We are an ecumenical community and encourage single women 18-35 of any denomination to apply.
Community living & prayer
Live, work and pray with the Benedictine sisters at Holy Wisdom Monastery for 6 days this summer.
Garden to table living
Grow and harvest vegetables from the monastery gardens and help prepare meals for the community and guests.
Enjoy recreational activities in the beautiful Wisconsin weather, including swimming and walking the trails.
Practice centering prayer, lectio divina: prayerful reading of scripture and daily communal prayer.
Share stories from your life and listen as others share theirs.
Life-long learning is important at the monastery. Spend time in personal sharing, reading and discussion.