Explore Monastic Life as a Sister
Spend a weekend with the sisters at Holy Wisdom Monastery to explore Benedictine life –
for single, Christian women, 18-45 years old
Explore Monastic Life
- July 6-9, 2023
You are invited to spend a weekend with the sisters at Holy Wisdom Monastery for Explore Monastic Life as a Sister, to experience Benedictine life following the Rule of Benedict and the Gospel as our guide.
- Our community is committed to growth in love and self-knowledge, justice and prayer, hospitality and inclusion.
- Experience the rhythm of community life.
- Work in the sisters’ vegetable gardens.
- Have time for yourself and time for dialogue with the sisters and others during the retreat.
- 3:30-4:00 pm – Arrival & get settled in
- 4:00 pm – Introductions and orientation to prayer
- 4:30 pm – Evening prayer and centering prayer
- 5:15 pm – Dinner and dishes
- 6:30 pm – Orientation
- 7:30 pm – Evening free
Friday and Saturday
- Participants will follow the sisters’ monastic schedule of common prayer and meals. There will be personal time and time for dialogue with the sisters and other retreatants. Participants will have an opportunity to work in the vegetable gardens or prairie of the monastery and time to walk the grounds.
- Before 8:00 am – Breakfast on your own
- 8:00 am – Morning prayer
- 9:00 am – Eucharist followed by conversation and brunch
- 12:30 pm – Departure
There is no cost charged to participants for this event.
Apply by June 22, 2023. Apply early. Space is limited and the program will close when full. We will contact you for a phone or Zoom conversation as part of the application process. If you have questions or are having trouble applying, please contact Sister Lynne Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-831-9305.Apply today
Are you longing for greater depth in your life? Do you want to give yourself in service to God and others and care for the earth? Are you looking for an alternative to a nine to five job?
We are an ecumenical community and encourage single, Christian women ages 20-45 of any denomination to apply.
I’m interested! What now?
- Contact us with questions
- Sister Lynne Smith
- Phone: 608-831-9305
- Email: email@example.com