A Weekend Away: Finding Hope in the Midst of Suffering
A retreat for women
Experience Benedictine hospitality as you connect with God, self and others
How do we make meaning of women’s suffering? Reflecting on our experience as women and on the lives of women at the margins we will seek meaning, hope and healing in the face of suffering.
Through group discussion and personal reflection we will explore the small acts of kindness and compassion that open us to new life. We will discover the ways relationships can be a source of empowerment and support.
You will experience:
- Liturgy of the Hours (communal prayer) with the sisters
- Lectio divina (prayerful reading of Scripture)
- Group sharing
- Time for personal reflection
- Meditative walking on the prairie
- Meals with the sisters
- Ecumenical worship with communion on Sunday
The retreat will be facilitated by Sisters Lynne Smith, OSB and Denise West, OSB.
Sister Lynne Smith, OSB has been a sister at Holy Wisdom Monastery since 2000. Prior to entering the monastery she served as an ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church (USA) with churches in Kansas and Iowa. Sister Lynne is a trained spiritual guide, loves working in the garden and the prairie and serves as co-director of formation at the monastery.
Sister Denise West, OSB is a new sister at Holy Wisdom. She came to Wisconsin in 2015 after teaching elementary school in New York for many years. Denise is excited to be on track as the next “master gardener” at the monastery.
- March 30-31, 2019
9:00 am Saturday – 12:30 pm Sunday
- You may come Friday evening for an additional charge if there is availability. Check with Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March 30-31, 2019: $120 — This fee includes a private overnight room, lunch and dinner on Saturday, brunch on Sunday and all programming.
Register by March 15, 2019.
There is a 50% refund for cancellations until the registration deadline, no refund after the registration deadline.
- Online registration coming soon
For more information contact Sister Lynne Smith at 608-831-9305 or email@example.com.
What others are saying about this retreat:
“I enjoyed the time to connect with others on the retreat—to hear their stories.” − October 2018 participant
“It was so much more than I ever imagined. The grace and openness of the people here and participants too” − October 2018 participant