Join us in sustaining the tradition – give your year-end gift today
“To be rooted is perhaps the most important and least recognized need of the human soul.”
– Simone Weil
2023 marks the 70th anniversary of the Benedictine Women of Madison at Holy Wisdom Monastery, and what we are calling A Year of Balance. We celebrate a rootedness to place, and not only the sisters’ balanced model of living daily life, but also the balance that we continually discern – between tradition and progress, being and becoming. Read more….Give Today
Moving our mission forward
The nature of any tradition is that is it too large to be sustained alone. Certainly, the sisters and the monastery would not be where we are today without the support, talent, guidance and love of so many who have helped us over the years.
Your gift makes a difference. Thank you for supporting the sisters, mission and monastery in 2023 and beyond. Your gift helps us build on the good work at Holy Wisdom Monastery:
- Inviting children to learn about ecology on our land with their classrooms and families
- Guiding clergy of diverse backgrounds through a year-long program for spiritual renewal (ECCSR)
- Updating our facilities with a net-zero carbon campus goal
- Stabilizing and restoring Wisdom Barn to complement the beauty of the land
- Increasing resources toward growing the sisters’ community
- Offering transformational lectures and retreats with inspiring thinkers like John Philip Newell
- Continuing to grow the Sunday Assembly, Oblate, and Friends of Wisdom Prairie communities
Sophia Circle – sustained giving
Help the sisters plan with confidence and achieve sustainability through your monthly recurring gift via credit card or bank account. To do this, click on the Join Sophia Circle with a Monthly Gift tab on the online giving form.
If you have any questions, please contact Nick Traxler, interim director of mission advancement.
- Email Nick Traxler
- Call Nick at 608-836-1631, x124