- This event has passed.
Hope and Comfort in these Times: An Advent Retreat
December 4, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - December 6, 2020 @ 11:30 am$60
This Advent season will be like no other with quarantine restrictions; altered holiday celebrations; inability to be with loved ones; and continued economic and political turmoil. How does the Rule of Benedict help us to find hope, peace and even joy during these times?
Join us for a virtual retreat, including a livestreamed concert of Advent hymns and carols and a Taizé service; workshops on Waiting, Hope and Praying with Mandalas plus opportunities for integration or lectio divina via Zoom; and a Zoom social hour.
This retreat is open to oblates and the public.
- Concert: Sherri Hansen & Mark Brampton-Smith
- Taizé: Ann Baltes, Bill Rosholt, Grace Rosholt
- Workshops: Bryan Sirchio, Brad Lutz, Camille Banks
- 7:00 pm – Advent concert
- 7:30 am – Centering Prayer
- 8:00 am – Morning Prayer
- 8:30 am – Welcome
- 9:00 am – Session 1: Hope led by Pastor Bryan Sirchio
- 10:00 am – Break
- 10:30 am – Session 2: Waiting led by Brad Lutz
- 11:45 am – Midday Prayer
- 1:00 pm – Session 3: Praying with Mandalas with Camille Banks
- 2:00 pm – Break
- 2:30 pm – Integration for oblates
Lectio divina for non-oblates
- 3:30 pm – Break
- 4:30 pm – Evening Prayer
- 5:00 pm – Social time
- 7:00 pm – Taize Prayer
- 9:00 am – Sunday Assembly
- 10:30 am – Closing Ritual
$60 (both live and recorded access; recorded access available through 12/25/20)
If you are in need of a scholarship, please contact Chris Todd.
Register by Friday, November 27, 2020
- Registration for retreat closed
- Pre-order your recording of the retreat by clicking here
- There is a 50% refund until the registration deadline, no refund after deadline.
- Brooke Miller
- 608-836-1631, x100