A Weekend Away retreat—
Finding Joy in the Midst of Loss
Led by Sisters Paz Vital and Lynne Smith
- November 2-3, 2019
- 9:00 am Saturday – 12:30 pm Sunday
- $120, includes a private overnight room, lunch and dinner on Saturday, brunch on Sunday and all programming
- All women welcome
- You are always welcome to extend your retreat. Contact Amanda Conway to check room availability.
What do the Rule of Benedict and Day of the Dead have in common?
These two ancient traditions can help us to move through death, loss and mourning and find joy in life again. Using these traditions we will reflect on what is most important in our lives and look for ways joy and new life can emerge from loss and death.
At this retreat you will:
- Experience the Liturgy of the Hours: an ancient monastic tradition of prayers
- Learn what the Day of the Dead is really about
- Create your own altar to honor and process your “losses”
- Recognize the dormant roots of joy in yourself and awaken them to life again
The retreat will be facilitated by Sisters Paz Vital and Lynne Smith.
Sister Paz Vital, OSB is originally from Mexico City and worked at Baylor College of Medicine inTexas before moving to Holy Wisdom Monastery and becoming a sister. In May 2019 she graduated from Catholic Theological Union with a Master of Arts in Theology and Hispanic Ministry. She is interested in bringing the love and knowledge of her culture to the monastery and hopes to see more Hispanics enjoying the benefits that the monastery has to offer.
Sister Lynne Smith, OSB has been a sister at Holy Wisdom Monastery since 2000. Prior to entering the monastery she served as an ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church (USA) with churches in Kansas and Iowa. Sister Lynne is a trained spiritual guide, loves working in the garden and the prairie and serves as co-director of formation at the monastery.
For more information contact Sister Lynne Smith at 608-831-9305 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Amanda Conway at email@example.com to check room availability to extend your retreat.
Register by October 18, 2019.
There is a 50% refund for cancellations until the October 18, 2019 deadline, no refund after the deadline.
Register online below or download registration form and mail to:
A Weekend Away
Holy Wisdom Monastery
4200 County Road M
Middleton, WI 53562